As the name suggests, the A-iPower SUA2000iV Super Quiet Inverter Generator is an excellent inverter generator for those who want to keep the dB on the DL. Emitting only 58 decibels of noise while operating at 50% load, this generator is perfect for when you don’t want to disturb the local wildlife or the neighbors while charging your mobile device. Camping, trailer travel, on-site work and power outages are all great times to whip out this powerful little guy to give you a boost.
Its 2000 watts of starting power and 1600 watts of running power are charged by a 79cc A-power engine. Plus the innovative inverter technology produces clean energy, which is safe for charging sensitive electronics such as laptops, cell phones, TVs and tablets.
The automatic speed variation allows the generator to adjust engine speed according to electrical demand, which also reduces noise pollution.
The A-iPower SUA2000iV is designed to go where you do. At only 46 lbs, its lightweight and travels easily, meaning its ideal for campouts and travel.
About the SUA2000iV
With headquarters in Ontario and California, the A-iPower company (the A-i stands for American Innovation), boasts of excellent customer service and their products are manufactured right here in the good ol’ U.S. of A.
The 1-gallon fuel tank comes with a built-in fuel gauge to let you know when you’re running low, which shouldn’t happen too often given the impressive 7 hours of run time on 50% load. If that isn’t enough time or power for you, it also comes ready to parallel with other inverter generators of similar size and specifications to double the power output (even with other brands).
If you want to see how this model stacks up compared to other brands, take a look at our inverter generator comparison chart.
A-iPower SUA2000iV: Technical Specs
Product Information Detail
- Running Watts 1600
- Starting Watts 2000
- Voltage 120 volts
- Fuel Gasoline
- Tank Capacity 1 Gallon
- Run Time Up to 7 Hours at 50% Load
- “Low idle” mode allow for up to 9 hrs. on 50% load
- 4 hr. run time on 100% load
- Weight 46lbs
- Noise Level 58 decibels at 50% load
The A-iPower SUA2000iV Super Quiet Portable Inverter Generator is a very portable, very low noise generator with 2000 watts starting power and 1600 watts running power. This is enough power to charge the essentials through a camping trip, concert or other outing.
A 1-gallon fuel tank is enough to run this little guy for up to 7 hours on 50% load and 9 hours on “low idle” mode. Up the usage and the run time is cut in half. It only lasts 4 hours on 100% load. That’s not quite long enough for a successful tailgate party, but you’d have to have it powering quite a few devices to run it on 100% load.
At only 46 lbs, the SUA2000iV is super lightweight and easy to transport. The comfortable carrying handle over the top allows for one person to pick it up without difficulty and is wide enough to allow for another person to share the weight if necessary.
The company offers a 2-year manufacture warranty and lifetime free technical support through their 1-800 number. This is a relief for those of us less-technically inclined consumers.
Pros and Cons
- Super low-noise generator; offers one of the lowest decibel outputs even for inverter generators
- Clean energy output is safe for sensitive electronics
- Uber lightweight design (only 46 lbs) and comfortable carrying handle ideal for transport
- 1-gallon gas tank provides up to 7 hours of runtime on 50% load
- Gas gauge helps remind you when it’s time to fuel up
- Comes with spark plugs and specified outlets for a parallel-ready unit
- Multi-switch functionality integrates the start, run and stop functions; the switch operates fuel, choke and engine on separate on/off functions for extra convenience
- With only 1600 watts of running power, this is certainly not the most powerful generator, which is the clear tradeoff for portability
- Only one DC adaptor plug limits versatility, requiring the use of adaptors for USB plugs, and only allowing for one device to be plugged in at a time without a power strip
- While relatively fuel efficient when compared to traditional generators, California emissions laws prevent this product from being sold in or shipped to California
The A-iPower SUA2000iV Super Quiet 2000-Watt Portable Inverter Generator is a solid choice for the avid traveler and out-doorsy person who doesn’t mind trading off a little power for portability. The most impressive aspect of this generator, as its name suggests, is the very low noise level with which it operates. The best use for this little pack of power is for travelling, camping, tailgating and other recreation activities, while the lack of power might have it fall short as an emergency generator.
However, it is good to keep in mind that the paralleling capability allows for connecting this model to other inverter generators to boost the power level without sacrificing portability.