This Briggs & Stratton P3000 Inverter Generator is a great option for the lover of the great outdoors who have an RV, for the avid tailgater who doesn’t want to abandon the convenience of an electrical outlet, and for those of us who suffer from separation anxiety from our electronic devices when the power goes out. This little guy packs enough power to support the essentials during a power outage.
The Briggs & Stratton P3000 Inverter Generator from the brand’s PowerSmart Series utilizes inverter technology to make it less noisy than traditional portable generators and safer for sensitive electronic devices (like phones, laptops and tablets). With over 3000 watts of available power, this is certainly one of the more powerful generators for its size.
Its StatStationA electronic display provides you with all the info you need about the current power usage, available run time, and even maintenance reminders! Plus it doesn’t require you to contract the Hulk or a moving company to lug it around for you. Boasting 6-inch wheels, a telescoping handle and handles for carrying the P3000 design allows for easy transport.
Still not convinced? Continue reading to find out more details and product specs.
About the P3000
If you like to support American made products, this brand is one to keep on your radar. Briggs and Stratton is a US manufacturer that produces small engines, lawnmowers and generators. This means that when you purchase one of their products, if you ever have a problem with it, customer service and after-sale services are, in theory, more accessible.
The Briggs & Stratton P3000 is designed for recreational use like camping and tailgating, but is powerful enough to use as an emergency generator as well. Clean energy output keeps appliances and other sensitive electronics going during an electrical outage. Automatically adjusting engine speed reduces noise and saves fuel to run longer.
Briggs & Stratton P3000: Technical Specs
Product Information Detail
- Running Watts 2600
- Starting Watts 3000
- Voltage 120 volts
- Fuel Gasoline
- Tank Capacity 1.5 Gallons
- Run Time Up to 10 Hours at 25% Load
- Weight 85lbs
- Noise Level 58 decibels at 25% load
- Outlets (4) Household outlets
- (1) 12-volt, 30 amp locking outlet with RV adaptor
- DC charging outlet
- USB port
The Briggs & Stratton 30545 P3000 is a portable inverter generator with 3000 watts starting power and 2600 watts running power. This is enough clean power to start a standard air conditioning unit in an RV! Generators with this amount of power, in addition to charging personal electronic devices like laptops and cameras, can also power small household appliances, only one at a time. As a reference, the average hair-dryer uses about 1700 watts.
The gasoline-fueled engine features a fuel tank slightly bigger than the less powerful P2200 model, at 1.5 gallons (versus the 1-gallon tank in the P2200). The P3000 model also has an added fuel gauge and an hour meter to tell you how much longer you can expect reliable energy before needing to recharge.
A total run time of up to 10 hours at 25% power load means you’ll have plenty of time to charge all of your electronics and keep the fans or heater on all night long. The P3000 also offers a dedicated connector port that allows you to hook together two PowerSmart Series inverter generators to generate more power without occupying any of the household outlets.
One advantage of inverter generators over conventional ones is that they’re much quieter. This is definitely the case with the P3000 model, it measures at about 58 decibels when operating on a 25% load and even quieter when on eco-mode.
Pros and Cons
Other than the most common advantages of inverter generators in general (i.e. lightweight and compact, quiet motor, and several hours of use) the Briggs and Stratton P3000 also offers:
- User friendly design with portability in mind; this model has several improvements when compared with the P2200 model, which doesn’t have two carrying handles or a USB port
- Easy-to-read StateStation LCD display that notifies you of the amount of power in use, total hours remaining and maintenance reminders: when to change oil, air filter, and spark plugs
- Relatively high power output for an inverter generator allows for more versatility
- Large 1.5 gallon tank provides more hours of power
- As a product made in the USA, there are many customer service points throughout the US, which allows for easier access if you ever need help with the product
- The parallel capabilities of this generator allow you to pair it with any other generator in the same line to more easily control the amount of power you want to utilize
There are few disadvantages for this model, which is one of the best inverter generators on the market in 2019.
- At 85 lbs, this model is a little heavier than other similar models, but the power it packs is a good compensation
- At a slightly higher price point than its less powerful cousin, it doesn’t quite make the list of best inverter generators for your money like the P2200
- While relatively fuel efficient when compared to traditional generators, California Proposition 65 prevents this product from being sold in or shipped within the state
The Briggs & Stratton 30545 P3000 PowerSmart Series Portable Inverter Generator is a solid choice if you don’t want to sacrifice power for portable efficiency. The power does trade off a bit of total hours of power, offering only 10 hours whereas other less powerful models sometimes offer up to 18 hours. Bottom line: this generator is a great compromise between the power of traditional generators and the versatility of inverter generators.