For those of you living that RV or van life you may have become accustomed to living without a fan or small appliances and grabbing a phone charge wherever you can find it. However, there are many adventures who still like to enjoy modern conveniences while they are on the road. Running air conditioning or charging your phone or laptop isn’t off the table when you go off the grid, camping generators can be a great way to have portable power running wherever you are.
When it comes to the best 3400 watt inverter generator, this option from Champion is definitely a contender! You can enjoy the conveniences of access to modern appliances wherever you are. RV generators allow campers to fuel more than many standard batteries that are built in to modern RVs.
With a backup generator you can power your lights and electrical conveniences like fans and small appliances. You don’t have to rough it if you don’t want to, portable inverter generators make it possible for you to enjoy the great outdoors with access to electricity.
How does an Inverter Generator work?
A portable inverter generator runs off fossil fuels like gasoline or propane. This powers an internal combustion engine and converts mechanical energy into electricity.
The benefit to an inverter generator over a standard generator is that it can produce more AC energy which it then converts to DC power. It’s quieter and takes up much less space so it’s easier to tote around if you need to rather than a standard generator which typically must stay in one place.
To connect your inverter generator, first make sure you have the proper fuel (either by carefully filling an oil reservoir or connecting a fuel tank). Be sure your generator is in an outside location that is level and far from any flammable or combustible materials. Ground the generator when it’s in an appropriate location.
Start your generator with no connections already plugged in. Starting your generator varies depending on the type, but usually you must turn the fuel switch and then either use an electric start button or pull a recoil starter cord (if using this method, pull the cord slowly at first then faster when you start to feel resistance).
The engine will need to stabilize before you begin to use it to power your appliances. Stabilization time will differ depending on the generator and the load you need to place on it, so check with your user’s manual before you determine this.
Once your engine has stabilized you can connect your devices to it. Be sure to check with the guide for your generator so that you don’t overload your generator.
Before you turn off the engine on your generator, you must disconnect all connections. Allow your generator to run with no load for several minutes before attempting to shut it off.
When ready, shut off the fuel valves, the ignition and the battery.
Portable Inverter Generator Information
Champion Power Equipment has been putting durable and dependable power solutions on the market since 2003. Their high standards for power equipment have made consumers’ lives easier for years and they are always on the cutting edge of power technology.
With Champion’s 3400 Watt duel fuel portable inverter generator, having power on a campsite or worksite is so easy. This portable generator comes with some great features that make it a must-have for campers.
The ability to fuel the generator with either gas or propane makes this a truly versatile generator. Fuel selector dials even allow you to quickly and easily switch between fuel sources. Built in safety features like the low oil shut off feature make this generator safe and what’s even better is that it only produces clean power.
- Cold start technology means you’ll be able to power the generator even in cold weather conditions.
- Has the option for electric starting or pull cord start and comes with a battery.
- Produces 3400 starting watts and 3100 running watts on gasoline.
- Produces 3060 starting watts and 2790 running watts on propane.
- Can run from 7.5-14 hours at 25% load depending on fuel source.
- Reduce your electric load by employing the build in economy mode for quieter operation and longer engine life.
- Wheels and handle built in for easy transportation on and off the campsite or worksite.
- Multiple outlets safe for household and DC. Clean power means you can use this with sensitive devices like laptops without worrying about a surge.
- 3 year limited warranty with free lifetime technical support.
- May need to purchase and install separate hard start capacitor product if you want to run air conditioning at the same time as other electronics to avoid overload.
- Must run for 5 hours before you put a full load on it.
If you’re looking for a versatile, easy to use portable generator for your campsite or worksite, Champion’s 3400 watt model is a great choice. With the flexibility to use different kinds of fuel and safety features to put your mind at ease, this little generator will get the job done wherever you are.