If you’re looking for a portable power solution for your home, RV or campsite, the Goal Zero Yeti 1400 is a powerful and versatile portable power station that manages to be packed with special features yet still user-friendly so you won’t stress about using it in an emergency situation.
Portable power stations are basically really versatile batteries that allow you to charge or power a variety of devices and even appliances for an extended amount of time. They’re convenient devices for so many different applications ranging from hobby use to doomsday prepping.
How is a Portable Power Station Different from a Gas Generator?
When you’re first looking at the specifications of a portable power station, you may wonder how this unit is different from a gas generator. While a portable power station does have the same basic functionality of a generator, they differ from generators because they don’t require gas to function. Because of this, a portable power station is also going to be a safer, energy efficient and low maintenance alternative to an outdoor power generator.
Like a generator, you can rely on a portable power station as a backup source of power in an emergency for anything from charging portable devices to powering appliances like a fridge so your food doesn’t spoil if the power fails.
However there are some fantastic uses for a portable power generator that you wouldn’t be able to achieve with a gas generator because of the portability. Outdoor enthusiasts love portable power stations because they make RV life much simpler. Many portable power stations can be recharged using solar panels so you can recharge on the go when you don’t have access to standard outlets.
Portable Power Station Information
Goal Zero has made it a mission to deliver portable power solutions fit for any lifestyle. Their products are designed to be useful tools that allow their users to be better able to life their daily lives regardless of their living quarters.
The Goal Zero Yeti is a portable power station that offers all the functionality of a gas powered generator without the noise, fumes and emissions. It’s safe enough to use indoors so you can have it on hand in case of an outage to power your lights and charge your devices. It’s also durable enough to store out in your shop or on your workbench where you can use it charge or plug in your power tools. You can even take it out on a job site when you’re far from an electrical outlet but still need to charge or power a tool.
The Yeti 1400 has 10 ports so you’ve got many options when it comes to powering all your devices. Even appliances that tend to be power hogs like refrigerators or chest freezers won’t overload this power station. It’s got a built-in surge protection so you can power without worrying about blowing a fuse.
You can easily charge the lithium ion battery in this portable power station using the included wall charger or add on the compatible solar panels to transform this unit into a high quality solar generator for a truly energy efficient power source.
- 1500 watts of power and 120 volts at the switch of a button is comparable to gas powered generators and powerful enough to charge a refrigerator unit for almost a full day or restore a smartphone’s battery 70 times.
- The Yeti 1400 is compatible with Goal Zero’s easy to use app so you can check its power status, power different ports on or off and manage its performance quickly and easily from anywhere.
- Made with a high quality Lithium battery layered with additional protective features like a watertight seal so you can feel secure whether you’re using it indoors or outdoors. The Texas Instruments battery management system will ensure the battery doesn’t over-charge or short circuit.
- Physically this power station is compact and lightweight so it’s easy to store or use anywhere and you can easily pack it in a car or camper for power on the road.
- The unit is Wi-Fi enabled so you can connect it via your existing router.
- Stays charged without regular use you can you store it for 10-12 months between uses without worrying about the battery life.
- This Goal Zero Yeti 1400 may get hot while charging so you should be sure to place it in an area that’s not carpeted or close to flammable materials. You can monitor the heat level of the unit via the mobile app so be sure to familiarize yourself with this feature.
- It may be difficult to set up the Wi-Fi connection, be sure to follow the directions and reach out to customer support for troubleshooting tips and tricks.
A portable power station is a worthwhile investment whether you’re camping in the great outdoors or just enjoying your background. Have it on hand as part of an emergency preparedness kit or just use it as an everyday backup power source in a room with few outlets. A portable power station is an energy efficient product that anyone would be able to find a use for.