When it comes to exploring the country in an RV, we know you want to be sure that you have the perfect RV generator that you will be able to trust to power your appliances when you get to your campsite. There’s nothing worse than finding you can’t keep the food in your fridge cold or run your furnace or air conditioning because they overload your existing backup system.
Honda Portable Inverter Generator is a great option that features so many benefits when compared to a standard generator and it’s got such a large load capacity you can use it power a much larger amount of appliances than other generators.
While we recommend this unit for camping and RV use, it’s also great to have handy if you live in an area where hurricanes or earthquakes are common. If you lose power unexpectedly, this portable generator is perfectly capable of keeping your lights running while you wait for your power to be restored.
Benefits of an Inverter Generator
If you’re new to portable generators you may be wondering what the benefit of an inverter generator is. Inverter generators are useful for a variety of different applications including but not limited to camping, RVs, work sites, outdoor parties and for use during power outages.
A portable inverter generator has some capabilities that a standard generator doesn’t have but they can still typically provide a high amount of energy that’s just as reliable as the power you get from your outlets in your house.
Obviously a portable generator is smaller and lighter than a traditional generator which is what makes it portable! This is important for use in camping or RVing when you need to be able to pack up and move on to your next location. A big, bulky traditional generator is just not portable so these compact generators are great for taking with you on the road and easy to move out into different locations if you work in remote areas or if you just like to have electricity outside for tailgating or other parties.
With the smaller size and inverter capabilities comes another great benefit over non inverter generators. The noise pollution from the inverter generators is much lower than from other generators. Quiet operation is great whether you’re trying to relax in the great outdoors or you just want to be able to have a conversation somewhere in the vicinity of the generator.
Portable inverter generators can also be more fuel efficient than standard generators. While a standard generator may need to run at a high RPM in order to produce the amount of energy required to power standard appliances, a portable generator may be able to power the same load at a lower RPM. This means you won’t burn through fuel as fast with a portable inverter generator.
Finally, if you find that your single portable generator doesn’t quite offer you the power you’re looking for or you upgrade your appliances and need more power, many portable generators allow multiple hookups, so you can have two parallel generators for more power.
Portable Inverter Generator Information
Honda has been improving people’s quality of life with their innovative product since 1953. You probably know about Honda’s cars and motorbikes, but Honda also has a whole range of power equipment including their 2800 starting watt portable inverter generator.
This powerful model can handle all the fancy appliances on your RV, even your furnace, microwave and fridge! You won’t miss the comforts of home when you are out on the road if you have this handy generator with you.
High quality parts like the spark arrestor combined with safety features like the protected circuit and oil alert technology make this a safe and convenient product.
- Electronic start switch is super easy to engage so you can power your campsite faster than ever. Recoil backup is also available if needed.
- Advanced inverter technology makes it safe for you to power your computer or other sensitive devices using this generator.
- Include Eco-Throttle system makes the engine on this model more fuel efficient than other brands, so you can run more power on less fuel.
- Super quiet functionality so you can enjoy your outdoor time and your neighbors won’t mind the sound at all.
- DC output option is also available
- 3 year warranty and great customer service
- There’s not a time indicator on this model, so you’ll have to keep track of how long you’ve used it to make sure you won’t end up losing power at an inopportune moment.
- You must purchase a protective cover and the wheels for transportation separately. These are pretty basic necessities so you can use the generator in rainy conditions and protect it during transportation. Since this is heavy, the additional wheels are what makes this portable unit actually easy to transport.
- There’s no in-line fuel filter included.
If you have large power needs when you’re camping, traveling by RV or even working on a remote job site this Honda Portable Inverter Generator has an amazing power capacity that should fulfill all your needs.