Since there are many important features to look out for when buying a solar powered generator, you may have to do some research if you’re considering buying one. Luckily for you, we’ve put together some fantastic resources to help make the process easier for you.
Take the NusGear Solar Generator, for example. It comes with some great options to make it easy for you to keep your devices powered wherever you are. Use it to keep a charge on your phone or laptop while you’re traveling or for a reliable source of power to a fan or your CPAP machine so you can stay comfortable and safe while you’re camping.
It’s so convenient to have multiple ways to recharge your generator like via standard outlet, car outlet or solar panels. Especially if you’re in a situation where you won’t have access to standard methods of fuel, one of the great things about a solar powered generator is you can set it up to absorb the photons that are emitted by the sun.
There are also some other great benefits of choosing a solar generator over a standard generator.
How is a Solar Generator Different from a Standard Generator?
If this is your first generator or the first new generator you’re looking to purchase in a while, it’s likely you’re feeling overwhelmed by the options available now. Once you finally determine how much wattage you’ll require from your generator, you’re still left with some major choices.
You’ve probably noticed there are a few major categories of portable generators. You’ve got fuel powered generators (standard and inverter) and solar generators.
While fuel powered generators require fossil fuel like gasoline or propane, solar powered generators use a lithium battery that can be recharged by plugging it into a standard outlet or by connecting solar panels to recharge by sunlight. Solar powered generators provide you with a clean power source that won’t pollute the air with fossil fuel emissions, create an irritating smell in the surrounding area or produce noise pollution because of a motor.
Solar Generator Information
NusGear is a brand with a wide variety of products but they all have one thing in common: they seek to satisfy their customer’s needs using high-quality and well-designed products.
Their portable power supply certainly falls into that category. Featuring multiple ways to input and output power, it’s truly a versatile power bank that functions for so much longer than a traditional spare battery for your phone. It can also power bigger devices like portable fans, lights and even some televisions!
This 155 Watt/hour solar generator is powered by a lithium battery which is easily rechargeable by a variety of methods.
What’s the Benefit of a Lithium-ion Battery?
Unlike fuel powered generators, battery-powered generators produce DC energy then use an inverter to convert the DC output to AC which powers most standard devices. Battery powered generators save money on fuel as you simply recharge the battery when it runs out instead of purchasing a new one.
A generator that uses a lithium battery can also be lighter weight and more compact than generators that use different sources of power. This makes them so much easier to carry whether it’s from your car to an event or around a campsite.
Lithium batteries last longer and charge faster than traditional batteries so you can be back in business sooner than ever when you need power out in the field.
- Has a large power capacity at 155 Wh and a built in 110V outlet (good for standard household plugs), DC ports and 2 USB ports for charging your phones and other handheld devices.
- Weighs less than 4 pounds and has a built in handle so it couldn’t be easier for anyone to carry around.
- Compatible for recharging via standard AC outlet, 12 V car outlet or built in MPPT for solar charging.
- Includes a stable battery management system for circuit protection, over current protection, over power protection, low power and internal cooling.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee from NusGear.
- Bright LED flashlight built into the side of the generator is a great addition for campers, working at night or in a power outage.
- Quick charge capabilities through the mobile power station.
- Battery recharges in 7 to 8 hours.
- Solar panels for solar charging are sold separately.
- AC cord isn’t built into the unit so be sure to store it properly so you don’t lose it while not in use.
- User’s manual may not very detailed.
- You must let the battery come to room temperature before recharging.
For the smallest, lightest weight solar powered generator that still packs a good amount of power you can’t go wrong with NusGear’s 155 Wh solar powered generator. For peace of mind whether you’re camping, hiking or just making sure to be prepared in the event of an emergency, this little generator is a great choice at a great price.