If you’ve been scouring RV generator reviews trying to find the perfect fit for your needs we understand how challenging it can be. More likely than not, you just want a generator that you can use easily to power the necessities in your RV or maybe even in your home in the event of an emergency power outage.
Figuring out what kind of power capabilities a generator can handle can be complicated. With all the numbers, different units of power measurement, AC, DC, and so many more it can be frustrating to know if a generator will meet your needs before you try it out.
The Pulsar Portable Inverter Generator has a 4000 watt capacity which means it can power appliances like air conditioning units and fridges and utilities like a furnace or water pump. The clean power also means you can trust it to power your more sensitive electronic devices like a cell phone.
How do I know how much power I need?
If you’re trying to figure out if a generator will be powerful enough for your RV or basic home utilities follow this simple guide to gain a better understanding of what wattage means when it comes to common household tasks.
To make things easier, we can estimate than an average household runs between 5000-7000 watts with all its appliances. The average outdoor operation needs (tailgating or camping, for example) is between 1000-5000 watts.
Generators typically list their capabilities when it comes to starting watts (the wattage amount required to start an appliance) and running watts (the wattage amount required to run appliances once they’ve been started).
Here’s a guide that lists the starting and running watts of common household items.
To figure out what wattage capacity you need for your portable generator, add together the running watts from all the items you wish to power. Now, of all those items, find the item with the highest starting wattage. Add that highest starting wattage number to your total running watts you previously calculated.
Now you have the total starting watts necessary to power all your items.
Portable Inverter Generator Information
Pulsar Products is dedicated to providing the market with quality innovation at an affordable price as one of the fastest growing brands in the industry. While this brand offers a wide range of portable generators, air compressors, pressure washers, and more, they are also paving the way for advancement in portable power products with industry-leading features and enhanced performance. In upholding a commitment to quality in both production and customer service, it is clear that in industry standards, Pulsar Products is actually raising the bar.
The gas-powered Pulsar portable inverter generator is a small but might power source. With easy start and remote start features as well as a nice, quiet functionality you’ll be glad you chose this model to take on all your RV adventures.
How to break-in your inverter generator
- Buy a break-in oil and use it to fill the engine.
- Add gas that’s additive and stabilizer free to the tank.
- Start the engine and allow it to warm up for 5-10 minutes.
- Add to the load and allow it to cycle three times at 40-80% capacity.
- Shut off the engine completely and allow it to cool (about 15-20 minutes).
- Re-start the engine and enable eco-mode, increase the load to between 30-100% capacity.
- Once again shut off the engine and let it cool down.
- Drain all the remaining oil.
- Refill with standard oil (if your generator came with an oil can, you can just use this).
- Use your generator normally, for as long as it takes to completely burn through at least one full tank.
- Drain all the remaining oil and refill, this time with a synthetic oil. This is the kind of oil you should use with your generator from now on.
- Includes a wireless remote start feature which allows you to power up the engine from up to 80 feet away from the generator.
- Runs 4,000 peak watts and 3,500 running watts for up to 15 Hours of extended operation.
- Despite the massive power output, this generator runs so quietly you can barely hear it from 10 feet away. Your campsite will be so peaceful even while you power your whole RV.
- A built in handle and wheels system makes it easy to transport this unit from one area to the next and to pack away when you’re ready to hit the road again.
- Electronic push to start button makes it so easy to power up this generator.
- Uses stable sine waves so it’s safe for you to use it to power sensitive devices like your laptop or phone.
- Parallel capability means you can add an additional portable generator if you really need to step up your power game.
- Convenient indicator shows you how many hours of engine life you have left before refueling.
- 2 year warranty included on parts and labor.
- The engine may become noisy (or ‘whine’ a bit) when you use it to power higher loads.
- This engine requires a break-in period to get it working to its maximum capabilities.
If you’re looking for a high powered generator at a reasonable price that won’t let you down, Pulsar is a great option for you. Even though camping is supposed to be a fun time, there’s definitely some stress that goes along with the planning, packing and other preparations necessary. With this Pulsar Portable Inverter Generator you won’t worry about having a reliable source of power on all your adventures.